Do you or someone you know have trouble hearing on the telephone? With CaptionCall you can understand every word of every phone call. Its large, easy-to-read screen quickly displays written captions of what your callers say. That means you can get more from your conversations—and from life.
- Easy to use
- Large 7'' screen
- Silkscroll™ captioning
- Adjustable text sizes
- Customizable audio
- Elegant design
- Touchscreen interface
- Ability to save captions
How CaptionCall Works
CaptionCall is similar to captioned television, but only available to people with hearing loss. It uses cutting-edge technology to display written, nearly instant captions. Here’s how it works:
1. The CaptionCall user presses the “Captions On” button to connect to captioning service.
2. The CaptionCall user hears the caller’s voice over a standard phone line.
3. The CaptionCall phone sends the caller’s voice to the CaptionCall service via an Internet connection.
4. A Communications Assistant quickly converts the caller’s words to text using voice-recognition technology.
5. Captions are sent back to the CaptionCall phone display screen.
Who Needs CaptionCall?
Anyone who has trouble using the phone due to hearing loss is a good candidate for CaptionCall. Some people have difficulty hearing certain frequencies, such as a grandchild’s voice. Sometimes it is difficult to understand numbers and names. It can also be difficult to understand the conversation if the caller has a soft voice or the connection is bad. CaptionCall can help individuals with or without hearing aids.